You can find the Excel tips you're looking at Pro-business Excel VBA Programming by entering the keyword in the textbox below and clicking the "Google Search" button.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Limit The Worksheet Scrolling

A few days ago, somebody asked me how to limit the scrolling of a worksheet as soon as he opened his workbook file. He intended to make the first sheet as a Title Page so he should find a way to do it. At first, I thought it was just a simple Excel "setup" workaround at the Tools menu. But after a few minutes of looking around it, I didn't find a way to do the task (or maybe there was one but I didn't find it). So, I ended up making a simple Macro program at the workbook's "Open" event. Here's how I did it:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Sheet1").ScrollArea = "a1:f10"
End Sub

The code limits the scrolling of the worksheet from cell A1 to F10 only.

Try it.



Click here to subscribe and receive Pro-business Excel VBA Programming tips.


If you like this post in Pro-business Excel VBA Programming, buy me a coffee.


2 comments:

Catholic Prayers said...

You could be right JP. I've been trying a lot of things to improve my traffic. Some of them worked but gives me lower PR. Luckily, I've regained my PR with my SEO Blog. I still use some of them but in moderation. It's giving me both traffic and stable PR.

Thanks for the visit JP.

Rgds,
Joel

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.