You can find the Excel tips you're looking at Pro-business Excel VBA Programming by entering the keyword in the textbox below and clicking the "Google Search" button.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Niche Of My Own

As I was doing some research for what kind of information the internet has about Excel and VBA, I have learned that many websites have already been giving the kind of information that I had in mind when I started this weblog. This is a little bit frustrating, nevertheless challenging to come up with a niche of my own. I have decided to narrow down my objectives to provide specific example of business solutions using Excel and/or Excel VBA. In my future articles, I will be posting basic Excel and VBA functions, and some articles will tackle combinations of these functions to develop or solve a certain business or financial solutions, real examples to solve your number-crunching problems.

Business solutions means vital information is needed to be dug up from a haystack of data residing in your DBMS servers. I know that some of you would say that most of these DBMS, like Oracle, have their own report builder and there’s no need for Excel, thus there’s no need for this weblog. It is correct that reports can be done using the DBMS report builder. But for ad-hoc reports that you need to provide at once, I don’t think that you have the time to ask for your IT guys to create one for you immediately especially when officer approval is needed for your new-report request. Excel comes in handy with this kind of situation. As long as you have the resource to have an extracted data file from the DBMS server or you have an authority to extract them yourself, you can create the report that your boss needs and fast.

Knowing to generate information from a raw data is the skill you need to link business and technology.

To all my readers, this Excel VBA weblog is your BUSINESS TOOL. Enjoy!



Click here to subscribe and receive Pro-business Excel VBA Programming tips.


If you like this post in Pro-business Excel VBA Programming, buy me a coffee.


0 comments: